- Die Cast zinc-alloy shell, 24K gold plated 20N (approx 2kg) retention capacity migitates the need for locking
- Halogen free electrical insulation layer
- Induction soldered contacts for the best inter-terminal uniformity, low jitter performance and no dry joints. Non-encased for minimal capacitance
- Copper foil shielding blocks harmful EMI & RFI
- Extruded and anodized compact AI shell with etched logos, supremely light weight and strong
- Halogen free connector buttress with integrated cable strain relief
- High impact, high heat resistant halogen free cable jacket, loose jacketed maintains high bandwidth even on cable bending, premium materials results in an incredibly light weight cable
TMDS+ Clock pairs: 28AWG solid copper with pure silver plating, HEC, CEC + auxiliaries: solid copper wire, triple shielding: dual layer al-mylar foil + 65% coverage copper braid.
THX® CERTIFIED 4K INTERCONNECT
THX® Certification involves a rigorous suite of some 75 tests over and above the HDMI® Compliance Test Specification (CTS), including tests for high bandwidth stability to 18Gbps (aggregate data rate), dependable interoperability, benchmark connector fit and overall premium build quality. It’s the most comprehensive cable test regime on the planet, certifying cables as the best available.
HIGH SPEED PERFORMANCE
All lengths of EVS-R are certified High Speed with Ethernet and will support
- 4K/60 UHD at up to 12-bit 4:2:2 color, 16-bit 8-bit 4:2:0, or 8-bit RGB
- 1080p/60 Full HD 3D
- up to 30.2 channels of HD audio @ 192kHz 24-bit or DSD
- Audio Return Channel, both Single and Common modes
- HDMI Ethernet Channel
SILVER PLATED, LARGER GAUGE SOLID CONDUCTORS
The solid wire conductors of EVS-R are 2.5x larger than those in EVO-R, resulting in 60% more surface area. This means faster digital bit ‘rise times’, drastically increasing the bandwidth headroom.
Further to this the main conductors of EVS-R are coated in a surface of pure silver (2% of conductor volume) to harness the natural phenomenon of skin effect, meaning the signal travels predominantly through silver. Good video relies on accurate pixel color definitions, being right or wrong, whereas audio can be impacted by all sorts of subtleties in the waveform.
The larger surface and silver coating maintains superior timing accuracy, resulting in superior PCM and HD audio performance.
DIE CAST CONNECTOR
The die cast connector fits into an HDMI receptacle like no other. It offers a firm, secure fit with no sloppiness and no need for locking. The 24K gold-plated zinc-alloy monocoque design is seam-free and tested to more than 1,000 plug/unplug events without crushing or fatiguing. It provides a significant 20 Newtons (approx 2kg / 4.4lbs) of retention force to ensure a firm, secure long term fit.
EVS-R is a thicker cable than its EVO-R sibling, but one of the first things you’ll notice is its remarkably light weight. In fact it’s startlingly light, comprising the best hi-tech materials such as extruded aluminium shell and halogen-free strain relief and cable jacket, with no use of heavy metals anywhere throughout.
Minimal weight means minimal strain on the HDMI receptacle, and when combined with the die cast connector provides one of the most reliable connections available.
EVS-R is built with environmental sensitivity in mind. Low toxicity zero-halogen cable jacket means it’s safe to use in any environment from home to office to luxury yachts (where halogens turn into hydrochloric acid on contact with water!).
Furthermore we don’t use cable twist ties either, rather reusable hook and loop cable management straps, all in 100% recyclable cardboard packaging.
0.6m | 2’ EVS-HD0060R
1.2m | 4’ EVS-HD0120R
1.8m | 6’ EVS-HD0180R
2.4m | 8’ EVS-HD0240R
3.0m | 10’ EVS-HD0300R
5.0m | 16’4” EVS-HD0500R
Note: lengths indicated are for guide only and are rounded for simplicity. The product specification is in imperial units, being the greater of the two (eg; 6’ is actually 1.82m, not 1.8m), with +/- 2” manufacturing tolerance.